Buffalo Chicken Dip
With a hint of butter and garlic, our creamy Buffalo chicken dip recipe is a stand out hit wherever you serve it. Using rotisserie chicken to beat cooking times, it doesn’t get any easier than this one!
- 1 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 2 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 2 Cups Cooked Chicken Shredded
- 1/2 Cup Frank's Original Red Hot Sauce
- 250g Block Cream Cheese "Softened"
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 Cup White Cheddar Cheese Freshly Shredded
- 1/4 Cup American Cheddar Freshly Shredded
- 1/4 Cup Crumbled Blue Cheese (Optional To Serve)
- 2 tbsp Green Onions, Sliced (Or Chives)
- Celery Sticks Carrot Sticks, Tortilla Chips, Crusty Bread Pieces, Potato Chips, For Serving
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Arrange oven rack to the middle of your oven.
- In an 8-inch cast-iron skillet (or an ovenproof pan), melt the butter over medium-high heat. Sauté garlic until fragrant (30 seconds). Add the chicken and hot sauce and simmer until sauce has thickened and reduced by half (about 2 minutes).
- Reduce heat to low and stir in cream cheese; mix until combined. Take off heat, stir through sour cream and top with both cheddar cheese(s) over the top.
- Bake until bubbling around the edges and the cheese has melted (about 10 minutes). Broil (or grill) for a further minute to brown on top.
- Immediately garnish with blue cheese and green onions. Serve with vegetable sticks, chips, crusty bread pieces for dipping.
If you don't have a cast-iron skillet or oven-proof pan: prepare all ingredients as per recipe instructions above in a regular pan on the stove. Then transfer buffalo dip to a 1-quart (1-litre) baking dish.
You can use rotisserie chicken.
Don't like blue cheese? Feel free to omit it.
Halve the hot sauce amount for a milder dip.
Add more hot sauce for spicier dip.
Sauce, Dip Sauce, Buffalo Sauce, Buffalo Chicken Sauce